One: What’s the difference between an orthotic insole and a regular insole?
1. Materials. The orthopedic insole uses the high polymer material, through certain flexibility and the strength gives the patient foot certain support.
2. SHAPE. An ordinary insole is a slab, while an orthotic insole, which has a higher thickness in the arch of the foot, corrects the shape of the foot.
3. Be Unique. Just as glasses for nearsightedness require prior optometry, the sole of each person’s foot is unique, so orthotic insoles need to be custom made, not generic.
Additional Instructions on how to make an ORTHOTIC insole. The doctor first uses the plaster bandage to mold according to the patient’s actual situation, fills the plaster, carries on the revision on the model, then uses the polymer material to heat to compress on the model, looks for the pressure point, pressurizes, forms repairs the edge, the result is a semi-finished insole. The patient then tries them on, and the doctor adjusts the details, adding a soft material to create a pair of orthopedic insoles. It takes about two days to make a pair of orthotic insoles, about a year to wear.
Second: Wear Orthopaedic insole points for attention
1. The proper use of biomechanical orthotic insoles is not a panacea. To get used to it, start by wearing it for an hour a day, then add half an hour a day. More haste, less speed, buy a home will not wear feet, so not only will not cure the disease will also damage the foot, because the foot needs to be slowly corrected, a too fast correction may pull muscle ligament.
2. See your doctor again after four weeks to see what needs to be changed. At the same time, wear insoles with rehabilitation exercise.
3, the sole of the shoe can not be too soft, insole into the shoe inside to fit, can not be an upper shelf, shoes can not be too loose to fit. It holds the foot firmly to the insole. Do not allow the insole to move freely within the shoe.
Third: The day-to-day Orthosis of flat feet
A flat foot is a loss of the normal arch of the foot or arch collapse. In normal subjects, the arch height was 14-18 mm, the flat foot was less than 14 mm, and the high arch foot was higher than 18 mm. Rehabilitation Training Recommendations for daily Orthotic flat feet are:
1, the Body Upright, feet open, feet toes grasp the ground, foot arch, and slightly stop the body upright, hands against the wall, do 10-20 consecutive heel lift, absorb uniform body upright, feet stand eversion, to the outer edge of the soles of the feet on the ground, and stop slightly.
2, the Body Upright, hands gently support a fixed object, feet on the ground of the round bar to do in situ 10 to 20 times.
3. Sit on the ground with a bent body, lift both feet in turn to do the practice of Hook toes, stretch back of foot 10 ~ 20 times; indoor barefoot, insist on the ball of the foot to walk, usually wear heel shoes.
In normal life, we must follow the correct way to analyze our body to bring about a very good condition is the most important, because in this way we can bring about a very good and perfect development of our life, otherwise, it will do great harm to our body, improving our life in time and making our life in a very good state of health is the best way.
Ideastep provides custom orthotics service, pre-fabricated insole (running insole, basketball insole, sport insole, diabetic insoles), EVA Block, heat-moldable insoles, etc.