Friday, 7 June 2019 | Admin
The idea behind the Podotech Express Kit is to offer a quicker and easier alternative to bespoke foot orthotics. Here at ShoeInsoles.co.uk we stock a broad range of orthotic components that you can mix and match to assemble your ideal orthotic insoles that meet your clinical requirements. To shed some light on what the different available components even are, and how you can assemble them, we've prepared this short guide that should answer all your questions about the Express Kit.
What Is the Podotech Express Kit?
The Podotech Express Kit allows you to assemble the perfect insole for your needs by combining any component you need with the Flat Base Insole. This template insole is provided with the measurements for other orthotic elements, which can be positioned in the right place to guarantee the ideal support is provided.
How Do I Assemble My Ideal Insole?
Flat Base Insole
The best place to start with assembling your custom orthotic is the Flat Base Insole, which includes guidelines to help you position the components. This template insole is 2mm thick on the forefoot, and 3mm thick on the heel, and features a non-slip bottom, which ensures good grip when Your Sole Insole is placed in your shoe.
Please note that while it is possible to use the Podotech orthotic components with other insoles as well, we strongly advise against it. All Podotech orthotic components have been designed to work best when used in conjunction with the Podotech Flat Base Insole.
You can select from a wide variety of orthotic components, which are suitable for a range of conditions. This includes:
- Kidney Shape with Centre Fitting Metatarsal Pad: provides a more extensive level of support across the whole metatarsal area.
- Toe Bar: elevates the toes to help distribute pressure and weight away from this area, spreading it around the whole of the foot.
- Kidney Shaped Metatarsal Pad: provides support across the whole of the metatarsal area behind the toes.
- Central Metatarsal Pad: with a moderate rise, it helps to position the foot and provide weight distribution and relief of pressure, encouraging natural alignment of the foot.
- Metatarsal Bars for 1st and 5th Heads: especially suitable for those suffering from metatarsal pain and metatarsalgia.
- Stomach Shape Metatarsal Pad: provides support across the whole width of the foot, running below all of the toes to provide a consistent amount of support to the whole area.
- Metatarsal Bar: reduces pressure and helps to minimise the pain caused by the pressure on the metatarsal area of the foot.
- Cobra Pad: particularly suitable for people suffering from fore-foot and rear-foot pronation.
Can I Do This Myself?
It's strongly recommended that you do not assemble your insole without first consulting a podiatrist or other specialist to ensure you're getting the right support. The components can be attached to Your Sole Insole using two-sided tape or specialist glue. It's important, however, to keep in mind that the right amount of ventilation needs to be maintained, so if you're not experienced in assembling orthotics, it's best to seek help from a professional.
Do you have a question, or something to add? Why not let us know in the comments, or find us on Twitter and Facebook!
Please Sign In or create a New Account to leave a reply!
Ideastep Insole is an orthotics manufacturer, Offer OEM & ODM.
Your Sole Insole Shop provide Orthotics for flat feet, High arch, Plantar Fasciitis, Heel Pain…