Plantar fasciitis is a common foot injury that is caused by strain and inflammation of the plantar fascia. People suffering from this foot condition experience a burning pain in the heel or arch of the foot and the pain is exacerbated with the first steps in the morning or when standing after having sat for a long period of time. The plantar fascia is not a tendon; rather, it is a sheet of connective tissue that is more similar in its structure to a ligament. When it is stretched excessively, micro-tears can result, which cause inflammation and eventually necrosis of the connective tissue. This is ultimately what causes the severe pain.
While plantar fasciitis is generally considered to be a repetitive-use foot injury, it can have several possible causes, which are listed below.
Plantar Fasciitis Causes
● certain foot mechanics such as pronation, being flat footed, having unusually high arches, and walking with an abnormal gait pattern.
● participation in physical activities that put a lot of stress on the heel and attached tissue, or a sudden and rapid increase in levels of physical activity.
● obesity or sudden weight gain, or even pregnancy.
● working in an occupation that keeps you standing or walking for extended periods of time on hard surfaces.
● age (onset of plantar fasciitis is most common between the ages of 40-60)
Whatever the medical cause plantar fasciitis can be quite painful and if left untreated, can hinder your activities as well as lead to lasting pain and even disability. The good news is that this foot condition is highly treatable. In fact, sometimes all it takes to get relief is to perform a few stretching exercises, get a little rest, and wear proper plantar fasciitis shoes that have a good pair of foot orthotics. For a more in-depth explanation of plantar fasciitis and its treatment options, please see our article on how to treat plantar fasciitis.
Because the warmer months are just around the corner, many people have already started looking for sandals for plantar fasciitis, so we’ve provided some helpful tips below on what features to look for in orthotic sandals for plantar fasciitis.
How to Choose the Best Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis
The best sandals for plantar fasciitis should come with the following features:
● premium orthotic insoles that provide enough support to the arch and that help realign the foot to its proper, functioning positioning.
● soles that are flexible and lightweight, provide good shock absorption, and help reduce impacts on the heel.
● a protective interior for extra comfort and protection.
● an adjustable heel strap to insure a perfect fit.
● a two-way strap, which provides an easy way to fasten the sandal.
Orthofeet Plantar Fasciitis Sandals
Fortunately, you don’t have to go far to find excellent quality plantar fasciitis sandals with all of the criteria found in the best shoes for plantar fasciitis. They are available in many different styles, colors, widths and sizes. Our women’s sandals are engineered with therapeutic detailing to help facilitate mobility, and provide comfort and greater protection for sensitive feet. These same features can also be found in our men’s sandals which are available in a variety of styles, colors, widths and sizes as well. In fact, we’re so confident that you’ll like our shoes, we offer a 60-day wear test that lets you try our shoes out risk free; if you’re not completely satisfied with them, return them within 60 days from the date of purchase for a replacement or a full refund. There are no shipping or restocking fees.
Ideastep Insole is an orthotics manufacturer, Offer OEM & ODM.
Your Sole Insole Shop provide Orthotics for flat feet, High arch, Plantar Fasciitis, Heel Pain…